A Legacy of Masonic Excellence.

Henry Knox Field Lodge, No. 349, A.F. & A. M., was chartered in the Town of Potomac, Virginia, on February 12, 1925.  It was named in honor of Henry Knox Field, a local businessman and community leader from Alexandria, Virginia, who served as Grand Master of Masons in Virginia, in 1917. Most Worshipful Field was raised to the degree of Master Mason on February 20, 1890, at Andrew Jackson Lodge, No. 120, A.F. & A.M. On June 24, 1893, he was installed Worshipful Master of that Lodge. Most Worshipful Field was born on April 20, 1860 and passed away on August 1, 1917, while serving as Grand Master.

John Blair Lodge No. 187, A.F. & A.M., was instituted on July 31, 1970, and chartered at Henry Knox Field Lodge No. 349 on February 10, 1971. The lodge was named in honor of Virginia’s first Grand Master and inaugural United States Supreme Court Justice John Blair, Jr. Brother Thomas Emmet Dains was the first initiate on September 11, 1970. He was raised on November 13, 1970. The first organizational meeting was held on April 29, 1970, chaired by Right Worshipful John Harding King. Jewels, aprons, the bible, and tiler’s sword were given by Worshipful Raymond L. Colins. The speaker’s podium for the Lodge was constructed and donated by Right Worshipful Clarence A. Dains.  The brazen pillars were constructed and donated by the Charter Treasurer, John Newton Crawford, and the altar cover was later donated by Most Worshipful Werner Herman Morlock, Grand Master of Masons in Virginia in 1993, who died in office on Saturday, March 5, 1994.

The lodges initiated the consolidation process in February 2017, with the Resolution on Consolidation being adopted in June of the same year. Henry Knox Field—John Blair Lodge, No. 349, A.F. & A.M., officially began work January 1, 2018.

Today the lodge meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm; knife and fork degree work commences at 6:30pm compliments of our talented Stewards.